Welcome to CC Backpack
We are the travel and accommodation experts you can rely on.
So you’re going to the Hills District of Sydney. You’ve chosen this destination and now you need to pick a hotel. 10 years ago, you ‘d have most likely visited your local travel agent and relied on the face-to-face advice you were provided by the so-called ‘experts’. The 21st Century way to choose and book your hotel is obviously on the Internet, by utilizing travel sites.
But how do you sift through the remarkable options on offer? And more significantly, do you actually trust the photographs and descriptions of the hotels that they have granted themselves with the motivation of getting bookings?
Traveler reviews can be practical, but you need to exercise caution. They are often prejudiced, often out of date, and may not serve your interests at all. How do you know that the features that are necessary to the reviewer are necessary to you? Then there’s the problem of the reviewer’s motivation. The more reviews you read, the more you see how they tend to cluster at the extremes of opinion. On one end, you have angry reviewers with axes to grind; at the other, you have happy visitors who lavish appreciation beyond belief.
You’ll not be shocked to discover that hotels often post their own radiant reviews or that competitor’s line up for the chance to lambaste the competition with bad reviews. It makes good sense to consider what is actually crucial to you when choosing a hotel. You should then pick an online hotel directory site that gives current, independent, neutral info that truly matters.
Here are a few of the key facts you should bear in mind:
1. Location: if it matters that your hotel is, for example, near to the amusement park, or convenient for the airport, then location is paramount. Any good directory site should offer a location map of the hotel and its surroundings. There should be distance charts to the airport provided in addition to some form of an interactive map.
2. Style: it is very important to pick a hotel that makes you feel comfy – modern or conventional furnishings, local design or international, official or relaxed. The perfect hotel directory site should let you know of the options offered.
3. Restaurants, Cafes, and Bars: local color is great but the hotel’s own restaurants and bars can play an important part in your stay. You should be aware of choice, style and whether they are wise or casual. A good hotel report should tell you this, and especially about breakfast facilities.
4. Bedroom Facilities: you should always carefully consider the kind of facilities you need from your bedroom and find a hotel that has those you consider crucial. The hotel directory site should elaborate on matters such as bed size, Internet Access (its cost, whether there is WIFI or wired broadband connection), Complimentary amenities, views from the room and high-end offerings like a Pillow menu or Bath menu, choice of smoking or non-smoking rooms, etc
. These things actually do matter and any good hotel directory site should give you this sort of advice on bedrooms – not just the number of rooms which is the typical option!
5. Children’s’ Facilities: more important to the household traveler than the business traveler. You should learn just how child-friendly the hotel is from the directory site and make your decision from there. One thing worth looking for is whether the hotel offers a baby sitter service. For the business traveler wanting to leave children, this is obviously very appropriate too – maybe a hotel that is not child-friendly would be something more appropriate!
6. Leisure Facilities: the site should offer a detailed analysis of leisure services within the hotel – spa, pool, gym, sauna – in addition to details of any other facilities close by such as golf courses.
7. Special Needs: the hotel directory site should advise the visitor of each hotel’s special needs services and accessibility policy. Whilst again this does not apply to every visitor, it is absolutely important to some.
Finally and most notably, the quality hotel directory site inspection team should have visited the hotel in question on a regular basis, met the personnel, slept in a bedroom and tasted the food. They should experience the hotel as only a hotel visitor can and it is only then that they are actually in a strong position to write about the hotel.
with the above details, there is no reason why you should not find the very best hotel in the Hills District of Sydney. All the best!