Welcome to CC Backpack
We are the travel and accommodation experts you can rely on.
So you’re going to the Hills District of Sydney. You’ve chosen this location and now you have to pick a hotel. Ten years ago, you ‘d have probably visited your local travel agent and trusted the face-to-face guidance you were provided by the so-called ‘experts’. The 21st Century way to select and book your hotel is obviously on the Internet, by using travel sites.
But how do you sift through the amazing choices available? And more importantly, do you really trust the photographs and descriptions of the hotels that they have awarded themselves with the inspiration of getting reservations?
Traveler reviews can be practical, but you need to exercise caution. They are often prejudiced, often out of date, and might not serve your interests at all. How do you understand that the features that are very important to the customer are very important to you? Then there’s the problem of the customer’s inspiration. The more reviews you read, the more you notice how they tend to cluster at the extremes of opinion. On one end, you have angry reviewers with axes to grind; at the other, you have thrilled visitors who lavish praise beyond belief.
You’ll not be amazed to learn that hotels often publish their own radiant reviews or that rival’s line up for the chance to lambaste the competitors with bad reviews. It makes sense to consider what is really important to you when choosing a hotel. You should then pick an online hotel directory site that provides up-to-date, independent, unbiased info that truly matters.
Here are a few of the key facts you should bear in mind:
1. Location: if it matters that your hotel is, for example, near to the amusement park, or convenient for the airport, then location is vital. Any good directory site should offer a location map of the hotel and its environs. There should be distance charts to the airport provided as well as some form of an interactive map.
2. Style: it is important to pick a hotel that makes you feel comfortable – modern or traditional furnishings, local decoration or international, official or relaxed. The perfect hotel directory site should let you understand of the alternatives readily available.
3. Restaurants, Coffee Shops, and Bars: local color is excellent but the hotel’s own restaurants and bars can play a fundamental part in your stay. You should be aware of choice, style and whether they are wise or informal. A good hotel report should tell you this, and particularly about breakfast facilities.
4. Bedroom Facilities: you should constantly thoroughly consider the kind of facilities you need from your bedroom and find a hotel that has those you consider important. The hotel directory site should elaborate on matters such as bed size, Internet Access (its cost, whether there is WIFI or wired broadband connection), Complimentary facilities, views from the room and luxury offerings like a Pillow menu or Bath menu, choice of smoking or non-smoking rooms, and so on
. These things really do matter and any good hotel directory site should provide you this sort of guidance on bed rooms – not just the number of rooms which is the usual alternative!
5. Children’s’ Facilities: more important to the family traveler than business traveler. You should discover just how child-friendly the hotel is from the directory site and make your decision from there. One thing worth searching for is whether the hotel offers a baby sitter service. For business traveler wanting to leave children, this is obviously very pertinent too – possibly a hotel that is not child-friendly would be something more appropriate!
6. Leisure Facilities: the site should offer a detailed analysis of leisure services within the hotel – spa, swimming pool, health club, sauna – as well as details of any other facilities nearby such as golf courses.
7. Special Needs: the hotel directory site should advise the visitor of each hotel’s special needs services and accessibility policy. Whilst once again this does not apply to every visitor, it is definitely important to some.
Lastly and most importantly, the quality hotel directory site evaluation team should have checked out the hotel in question on a regular basis, met the personnel, slept in a bedroom and tasted the food. They should experience the hotel as only a hotel guest can and it is only then that they are really in a strong position to write about the hotel.
with the above details, there is no reason why you shouldn’t find the very best hotel in the Hills District of Sydney. All the best!