Welcome to CC Backpack
We are the travel and accommodation experts you can rely on.
So you’re going to the Hills District of Sydney. You’ve selected this destination and now you need to select a hotel. 10 years ago, you ‘d have probably visited your local travel agent and trusted the in person advice you were provided by the so-called ‘experts’. The 21st Century way to select and book your hotel is of course on the Internet, by utilizing travel websites.
But how do you sort through the fantastic choices on offer? And more notably, do you truly trust the pictures and descriptions of the hotels that they have granted themselves with the inspiration of getting bookings?
Traveler reviews can be useful, but you need to exercise care. They are typically prejudiced, often out of date, and might not serve your interests at all. How do you know that the features that are necessary to the reviewer are necessary to you? Then there’s the problem of the reviewer’s inspiration. The more reviews you check out, the more you discover how they tend to cluster at the extremes of viewpoint. On one end, you have angry reviewers with axes to grind; at the other, you have thrilled guests who lavish appreciation beyond belief.
You’ll not be amazed to learn that hotels often publish their own glowing reviews or that rival’s line up for the chance to lambaste the competition with bad reviews. It makes good sense to consider what is truly crucial to you when selecting a hotel. You should then select an online hotel directory that offers updated, independent, impartial information that really matters.
Here are some of the key realities you should bear in mind:
1. Location: if it matters that your hotel is, for instance, near the theme park, or convenient for the airport, then location is vital. Any decent directory should offer a location map of the hotel and its surroundings. There should be distance charts to the airport provided as well as some type of an interactive map.
2. Style: it is essential to select a hotel that makes you feel comfortable – modern or standard furnishings, local decor or international, formal or relaxed. The ideal hotel directory should let you know of the alternatives readily available.
3. Restaurants, Cafes, and Bars: local color is excellent but the hotel’s own restaurants and bars can play an important part in your stay. You should be aware of choice, style and whether or not they are clever or informal. An excellent hotel report should tell you this, and especially about breakfast facilities.
4. Bedroom Facilities: you should constantly carefully consider the kind of facilities you need from your bedroom and find a hotel that has those you consider crucial. The hotel directory should elaborate on matters such as bed size, Internet Access (its cost, whether there is WIFI or wired broadband connection), Complimentary features, views from the room and luxury offerings like a Pillow menu or Bath menu, choice of smoking cigarettes or non-smoking rooms, and so on
. These things truly do matter and any decent hotel directory should give you this sort of advice on bed rooms – not just the variety of rooms which is the typical alternative!
5. Children’s’ Facilities: more crucial to the family tourist than the business tourist. You should discover just how child-friendly the hotel is from the directory and make your decision from there. Something worth looking for is whether the hotel offers a baby sitter service. For the business tourist wishing to escape children, this is of course extremely pertinent too – perhaps a hotel that is not child-friendly would be something more appropriate!
6. Leisure Facilities: the site should offer a detailed analysis of leisure services within the hotel – spa, swimming pool, gym, sauna – as well as details of any other facilities nearby such as golf courses.
7. Special Needs: the hotel directory site should recommend the visitor of each hotel’s special needs services and accessibility policy. Whilst once again this does not apply to every visitor, it is absolutely essential to some.
Finally and most notably, the quality hotel directory inspection team should have visited the hotel in question regularly, met the personnel, slept in a bedroom and tasted the food. They should experience the hotel as only a hotel visitor can and it is only then that they are truly in a strong position to discuss the hotel.
with the above info, there is no reason why you shouldn’t find the very best hotel in the Hills District of Sydney. All the best!