Welcome to CC Backpack
We are the travel and accommodation experts you can rely on.
So you’re going to the Hills District of Sydney. You’ve selected this location and now you need to choose a hotel. Ten years ago, you ‘d have most likely visited your local travel representative and trusted the in person advice you were given by the so-called ‘experts’. The 21st Century way to select and book your hotel is obviously on the Internet, by using travel sites.
But how do you sift through the amazing choices on offer? And more importantly, do you truly rely on the pictures and descriptions of the hotels that they have granted themselves with the motivation of getting reservations?
Traveler reviews can be handy, but you need to exercise care. They are typically prejudiced, often out of date, and may not serve your interests at all. How do you know that the features that are necessary to the customer are necessary to you? Then there’s the problem of the customer’s motivation. The more reviews you check out, the more you see how they tend to cluster at the extremes of opinion. On one end, you have angry reviewers with axes to grind; at the other, you have thrilled guests who lavish praise beyond belief.
You’ll not be shocked to find out that hotels often post their own glowing reviews or that rival’s line up for the chance to lambaste the competitors with bad reviews. It makes sense to consider what is truly important to you when picking a hotel. You should then choose an online hotel directory site that provides up-to-date, independent, objective info that really matters.
Here are a few of the key realities you should keep in mind:
1. Location: if it matters that your hotel is, for instance, near the theme park, or convenient for the airport, then location is paramount. Any good directory site should offer a location map of the hotel and its surroundings. There should be distance charts to the airport provided along with some type of an interactive map.
2. Style: it is essential to choose a hotel that makes you feel comfy – modern or standard furnishings, local decor or international, official or relaxed. The ideal hotel directory site should let you know of the options available.
3. Restaurants, Coffee Shops, and Bars: local color is fantastic but the hotel’s own restaurants and bars can play a vital part in your stay. You should be aware of choice, style and whether or not they are wise or informal. A good hotel report should tell you this, and especially about breakfast facilities.
4. Bedroom Facilities: you should constantly carefully consider the kind of facilities you need from your bedroom and find a hotel that has those you consider important. The hotel directory site should elaborate on matters such as bed size, Internet Access (its cost, whether there is WIFI or wired broadband connection), Complimentary facilities, views from the room and high-end offerings like a Pillow menu or Bath menu, choice of cigarette smoking or non-smoking spaces, and so on
. These things truly do matter and any good hotel directory site should give you this sort of advice on bedrooms – not just the variety of spaces which is the usual alternative!
5. Children’s’ Facilities: more important to the household traveler than business traveler. You should find out just how child-friendly the hotel is from the directory site and make your decision from there. Something worth looking for is whether the hotel offers a babysitter service. For business traveler wanting to escape children, this is obviously very relevant too – maybe a hotel that is not child-friendly would be something better suited!
6. Leisure Facilities: the site should offer an in-depth analysis of leisure services within the hotel – spa, pool, health club, sauna – along with details of any other facilities nearby such as golf courses.
7. Special Needs: the hotel directory site should recommend the visitor of each hotel’s special needs services and accessibility policy. Whilst once again this does not apply to every visitor, it is definitely crucial to some.
Lastly and most importantly, the quality hotel directory site evaluation team should have visited the hotel in question on a regular basis, met the staff, slept in a bedroom and tasted the food. They should experience the hotel as only a hotel visitor can and it is only then that they are truly in a strong position to write about the hotel.
with the above information, there is no reason why you shouldn’t find the very best hotel in the Hills District of Sydney. All the best!