Welcome to CC Backpack
We are the travel and accommodation experts you can rely on.
So you’re going to the Hills District of Sydney. You’ve chosen this destination and now you need to choose a hotel. 10 years ago, you ‘d have most likely visited your local travel agent and relied on the in person suggestions you were offered by the so-called ‘experts’. The 21st Century way to pick and book your hotel is obviously on the Internet, by using travel websites.
But how do you sort through the incredible options available? And more importantly, do you truly rely on the photographs and descriptions of the hotels that they have granted themselves with the motivation of getting reservations?
Traveler reviews can be useful, but you need to exercise care. They are often biased, in some cases out of date, and might not serve your interests at all. How do you know that the functions that are important to the reviewer are important to you? Then there’s the issue of the reviewer’s motivation. The more reviews you read, the more you discover how they tend to cluster at the extremes of opinion. On one end, you have angry customers with axes to grind; at the other, you have happy visitors who lavish appreciation beyond belief.
You’ll not be surprised to learn that hotels in some cases publish their own radiant reviews or that competitor’s line up for the chance to lambaste the competitors with bad reviews. It makes sense to consider what is truly essential to you when picking a hotel. You should then choose an online hotel directory site that gives updated, independent, objective information that truly matters.
Here are some of the key realities you should remember:
1. Location: if it matters that your hotel is, for example, close to the theme park, or convenient for the airport, then location is paramount. Any good directory site should offer a location map of the hotel and its surroundings. There should be distance charts to the airport provided as well as some type of an interactive map.
2. Style: it is essential to choose a hotel that makes you feel comfy – modern or traditional furnishings, local design or international, formal or relaxed. The perfect hotel directory site should let you know of the alternatives available.
3. Restaurants, Cafes, and Bars: local color is fantastic but the hotel’s own restaurants and bars can play a vital part in your stay. You should be aware of choice, style and whether or not they are wise or casual. An excellent hotel report should tell you this, and especially about breakfast facilities.
4. Bedroom Facilities: you should always thoroughly consider the type of facilities you need from your bedroom and find a hotel that has those you consider essential. The hotel directory site should elaborate on matters such as bed size, Internet Access (its cost, whether there is WIFI or wired broadband connection), Complimentary amenities, views from the room and high-end offerings like a Pillow menu or Bath menu, choice of cigarette smoking or non-smoking rooms, and so on
. These things truly do matter and any good hotel directory site should give you this sort of suggestions on bed rooms – not just the number of rooms which is the typical choice!
5. Children’s’ Facilities: more crucial to the household traveler than the business traveler. You should discover just how child-friendly the hotel is from the directory site and make your decision from there. Something worth searching for is whether the hotel offers a babysitter service. For the business traveler wanting to leave children, this is obviously very pertinent too – possibly a hotel that is not child-friendly would be something more appropriate!
6. Leisure Facilities: the site should offer an in-depth analysis of leisure services within the hotel – spa, swimming pool, gym, sauna – as well as details of any other facilities close by such as golf courses.
7. Special Needs: the hotel directory site should advise the visitor of each hotel’s special needs services and accessibility policy. Whilst once again this does not apply to every visitor, it is absolutely crucial to some.
Finally and most notably, the quality hotel directory site assessment team should have visited the hotel in question regularly, met the personnel, slept in a bedroom and tasted the food. They should experience the hotel as only a hotel guest can and it is only then that they are truly in a strong position to write about the hotel.
with the above information, there is no reason why you shouldn’t find the best hotel in the Hills District of Sydney. Good luck!